December 3 - Virtual Job Fair/Career Expo presented by VeteranWorks. Virtual Job Fair occurs each month on the First Friday. For more information, contact VeteranWorks.
December 3 & 4 - Craft and Bake Sale, presented by VFW Post 51, Spokane WA. Friday Dec 3, 3-7pm, Saturday Dec 4, 12-4pm
December 8 - 10 - Christmas Gift Shop presented by the Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center and American Legion Auxiliary, Spokane WA
December 13-18 - Veterans Holiday Remembrance at WA State Veterans Cemetery, 21702 W Espanola Rd, Medical Lake, WA (509)229-6280. Call for information on Wreath Donations.
December 3 - 2nd Harvest Mobile Food Bank - 4815 N Assembly St, Spokane 11am - 1pm; December 10 1603 N Belt St Spokane; December 15 10am - 12pm 332801 Hwy 2 Newport
- Veterans Reflective Space Project presented by Eastern Washington University Veterans Resource Center. Click for more information
- Yoga & Meditation on Mondays (Virtual and In-Person) presented by the Mann-Grandstaff VA Medical Center. Every Monday in Spokane
- Spokane Mobile Vet Center in Newport - The last Thursday of every month the mobile Vet Center will be at the Hospitality House (216 S. Washington Ave. Newport WA 99156) from 10 am until 1 pm. No appointment necessary, if you have questions call Stu Sturtevant at 509-444-8387.
- Coffee & Comradery - VA enrolled veterans meet up every Wednesday from 8 until 8:45 am at the 2nd-floor room C223 of the Mann-Grandstaff VA to have a free cup of coffee and share information. If you have questions you can contact Kari Tabino at 509-434-7657.
- Idaho Female Veterans Network - Held the second Tuesday of each month in Post Falls VFW Post 3603 (1225 E. 3rd Ave) join the group on Facebook: HERE to find out more information!
- Sandpoint War Vet’s Group – Every Other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; Next meeting will be on January 12th. Offering war veterans of all eras a place to meet and overcome the unique challenges of life after war. Open to veterans of all wars, on the corner of Pine and Division. If you have any questions call 509-844-1053.
- Sandpoint War Veteran’s Spouses Group – Meeting every other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; next meeting will be January 5th. Offering support for spouses and significant other of war veterans in Sandpoint. Call 509-844-1053 with questions.
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship provides post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to the children and surviving spouses of Servicemembers who died in the line of duty while on active duty after September 10th, 2001. Need some more information on what the VA can provide for students, check out their website HERE.
- Military Family Scholarships – BestColleges.com has created a financial aid guide specifically for military spouses and children. They provide context for how students can best take advantage of available federal resources, and offer over 30 scholarships and grants for veterans, spouses, and dependents of veterans. Check it out HERE.
For more information on these upcoming activities or any additional questions, please send an email to Mary Lindgren; firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an appointment, contact the Bonner County Veteran Service Officer, Bryan Hult, at 1500 Hwy 2, Suite 122 in Sandpoint or call between 8:00 am and noon to schedule an appointment at 208-255-5291.