April 20th - Heroes Cafe, for Spokane and the Greater Inland Northwest. The Heroes cafe is a virtual event that will bring Community Partners and Veterans and their dependents together for an informational gathering. The goal of this event is to increase knowledge about veteran services & resources, provide you with network development, economic vitality-stability, and self-sufficiency. The full agenda and registration are at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/virtual-heroes-cafe-tickets-144065205909
April 21st - Drive Thru Job Fair. Participating Employers will include Ace Hardware, Amazon, Express Employment Pros, Heritage Health, Idaho Forest Group, Lowes, Mainstream Electric, Walmart, Sysco, and many more. Come prepared by bringing a resume and be ready for possible interviews. This event will take place from 11 am until 1 pm at the Idaho Department of Labor, 600 North Thornton Street, Post Falls ID 83854.
April 24th - "Getting Dirty" Silent Auction, by Newby Ginnings. The auction will start at 2 pm and will run until 6 pm, the auction will take place at D-Mac's on the Lake, 11304 Cliff House Road Hauser, ID 83854. There will be food, drinks, and live music. Proceeds of the event will benefit Newby-Ginnings of North Idaho.
May 29th - Race To Remember, by Fairmount Memorial Association. This event is a memorial weekend 5K run through over 1500 full-size American flags. The cost of the race is $20 and it will begin at 10 am. Proceeds from the race will be donated to Meals on Wheels - Spokane. For more information or to register please visit: https://runsignup.com/race/wa/spokane/fmaracetoremember
- Spokane Mobile Vet Center in Newport - The last Friday of every month the mobile Vet Center will be at the Hospitality House (216 S. Washington Ave. Newport WA 99156) from 10 am until 1 pm. No appointment necessary, if you have questions call Stu Sturtevant at 509-444-8387.
- Coffee & Comradery - VA enrolled veterans meet up every Wednesday from 8 until 8:45 am at the 2nd-floor room C223 of the Mann-Grandstaff VA to have a free cup of coffee and share information. If you have questions you can contact Kari Tabino at 509-434-7657.
- Idaho Female Veterans Network - Held the second Tuesday of each month in Post Falls VFW Post 3603 (1225 E. 3rd Ave) join the group on Facebook: HERE to find out more information!
- Sandpoint War Vet’s Group – Every Other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; Next meeting will be on January 12th. Offering war veterans of all eras a place to meet and overcome the unique challenges of life after war. Open to veterans of all wars, on the corner of Pine and Division. If you have any questions call 509-844-1053.
- Sandpoint War Veteran’s Spouses Group – Meeting every other Thursday from 10:00 until 11:30 at the Sandpoint VFW; next meeting will be January 5th. Offering support for spouses and significant other of war veterans in Sandpoint. Call 509-844-1053 with questions.
- Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship provides post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to the children and surviving spouses of Servicemembers who died in the line of duty while on active duty after September 10th, 2001. Need some more information on what the VA can provide for students, check out their website HERE.
- Military Family Scholarships – BestColleges.com has created a financial aid guide specifically for military spouses and children. They provide context for how students can best take advantage of available federal resources, and offer over 30 scholarships and grants for veterans, spouses, and dependents of veterans. Check it out HERE.
For more information on these upcoming activities or any questions send an email to email@example.com .
To schedule an appointment get in contact with our Veteran Service Officer Bryan Hult today, 1500 Hwy 2, suite 122 in Sandpoint or call between 8:00 am and noon to schedule an appointment; 208-255-5291.