Bonner County offers a Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package
Civil Wage Scale
SO Wage Scale
911 Wage Scale
R_B Wage Scale
EMS Wage Scale
PERSI (Public Employee Retirement Systems of Idaho) :
How the Saver’s Tax Credit Can Boost Your Retirement Savings
PERSI 401k Application or Change Form
- Participation in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) Base Plan is required for all employees who are scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week for more than 5 or more months per year. The employee contribution for general employees is 7.16% and is deducted from each paycheck. The employee contribution for law enforcement employees is 9.13% and is deducted from each paycheck.
- The PERSI Choice 401(k)Plan is an optional defined contribution retirement savings plan. Participation is voluntary and allows the employee to contribute a portion of his/her salary on a tax-deferred basis via payroll deduction.
- PERSI also offers death and disability benefits.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Benefits
Bonner County Benefit Booklet 2022-2023
Bonner County Benefits at a Glance 2022-2023
Preventative Services Provided by PacificSource
Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits are provided for the employee, their spouse and dependents at a nominal cost to the employee. Premiums are deducted from the employee’s paycheck on a pre-tax basis.
Medical premiums can be reduced by participating in the Small Changes, Big Rewards Wellness Program.
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Catastrophic Sick Leave Account (CAT Account)
PTO accrues as follows:
- 0 thru 35 months – 6.2308 PTO hours/pay period with a maximum of 162 hours year
- 36 thru 59 months – 7.7608 PTO hours/pay period with a maximum of 206 hours year
- 60 thru 119 months – 8.7308 PTO hours/pay period with a maximum of 236 hours year
- 120 months - 10.2308 PTO hours/pay period with a maximum of 290 hours year
Accruals for EMS and Part-Time Benefit Eligible Accrual Rates differ, please refer to policy, #700.2, Employee Benefits Paid Time Off Program.
The maximum CAT Account Accrual Limit is 480 hours for all employees.
An employee's individual CAT Account will be established upon hire with an initial County contribution of 24 hours into the account. Employees build hours in their CAT Account by automatically rolling hours from their PTO into their CAT once maximum accrual limits are met.
Bonner County has 12 paid holidays a year for employees.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
This program offers a variety of help in areas such as legal, financial and the confidential counseling to the employee and his/her dependents through Uprise Health at no cost to the employee.
Optional Insurance Policies
Other insurance policies (accident, disability, Life Insurance, etc.) are available on a pre- or post-tax basis through various vendors.
Questions: Please feel free to email Bonner County's Benefit Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Civil Wage Scale.pdf