Bonner County, ID
I Want To...
All Departments

Marriage Licenses

Marriage Information For Bonner County

Marriages can be performed by Judge per appointment only

Marriage License may be obtained in the Recorders Office between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm on weekdays only.

Cost is a total of $28.00. Cash, Check or Credit Card is acceptable. Additional fees will apply if you choose credit card.

You can obtain an Idaho Marriage License in any County in the state of Idaho, to be used only in the state of Idaho. You must be unmarried. There is no waiting period in the state of Idaho. 

Information or documents required:

1. Males & Females ages 18 and older:

a. Proof of age *

2. Males & Females ages 16 or 17:

a. Consent in writing duly acknowledged or sworn to by the father, mother or legal guardian if there were to be such person, (see below for affidavit of consent by parent or guardian).

b. Original or Certified copy of Birth certificate of each party who is 16 or 17;

3. Males & Females under age 16:

a. Order of Magistrate Court,

b. Plus all requirements for 16 & 17 year old.

Accepted Proof of Age Documents 

Certified copy of minor child's birth certificate ( Required for marriages of minors only ). Adults must have current photo identification.

A valid (non-expired) Driver's License or State issued identification card; or Passport

Per Idaho Code Title 32-205 & 206, marriages between parents and children, ancestors and descendants of every degree, and between brothers and sisters of half (½) as well as whole blood, and between uncles and nieces, or aunts and nephews, and between first cousins are prohibited by law.

Affidavit of Consent by Parent or Guardian