Bonner County Recorder's Office
1500 Hwy 2, Suite 335
Sandpoint, Id 83864
Hours: Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays. (Note: Document recording ends at 4:30 p.m.) (SUSPENDED - See below)
Passport Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (SUSPENDED - See below)
* Please Note: We are suspending our passport services for an undisclosed amount of time due to COVID-19. If you need to acquire a passport, please contact the United States Post Office and make an appointment, or contact: travel.state.gov for further information.
Update as of April 28, 2020
Effective Monday, May 4, 2020, the Bonner County Recorder's Office will be re-opened during normal business hours 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. All services except passport services will resume. We will be enforcing physical distancing allowing no more than 2 patrons in our office at a time. This may cause delays and long waits, so please plan accordingly. We encourage that you continue to mail or ERecord documents for recording whenever possible. For the protection of our employees and their families, we request that you do not come to the office when sick. Your patience and cooperation are greatly appreciated.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO CHECK THIS WEBSITE AS IT WILL BE UPDATED AS NEEDED.
How to record a document by mail:
Send the following to the Bonner County Recorder’s Office at 1500 Hwy 2, Suite 335, Sandpoint, ID 83864.
- The original, signed and notarized document. There is a 3" top margin requirement for the first page of each document. If your document does not have three inches of clear space at the top of the first page, a cover sheet will be required. Print the title of the document in the center of the page and attach as the cover sheet. Additional recording fees may required.
- A check made payable to “Bonner County Recorder” pursuant to Recording Fees (see link below). Note: If you are unsure of the correct fees you may submit a “Not to Exceed” check and we will return a receipt indicating the amount of the charge, with your document.
- A self-addressed return envelope. (Note: Adding postage will assist us in returning your document more quickly).
- A contact telephone number.
Other recording services available. Bonner County is able to receive ERecordings submitted through Simplifile or CSC ERecording. www.simplifile.com; www.erecording.com
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (208)265-1490.