Bonner County, ID
I Want To...
All Departments


Bonner County Recorder's Office
1500 Hwy 2, Suite 335
Sandpoint, Id 83864
(208) 265-1490

Hours:  Open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays. (Note: Document recording ends at 4:30 p.m.)  (SUSPENDED - See below)

Passport Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (SUSPENDED - See below)

* Please Note:  We are suspending our passport services for an undisclosed amount of time due to COVID-19. If you need to acquire a passport, please contact the United States Post Office and make an appointment, or contact: for further information. 

Update as of November 18, 2020

Effective Wednesday, November 18, 2020, the Bonner County Recorder's Office will be closed to the public due to Covid-19.  All recordings must be submitted through the mail or by ERecording using Simplifile or CSC ERecording services. Emergency appointments for Alcohol Licenses, Marriage Licenses or urgent research not available online, can be scheduled by calling (208) 265-1490 and leaving a message.  We will return your call and schedule an appointment for those matters only.  Masks will be required to enter the office for the appointment.  We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter. 


How to record a document by mail:

Send the following to the Bonner County Recorder’s Office at 1500 Hwy 2, Suite 335, Sandpoint, ID 83864.

  1. The original, signed and notarized document. There is a 3" top margin requirement for the first page of each document.  If your document does not have three inches of clear space at the top of the first page, a cover sheet will be required.  Print the title of the document in the center of the page and attach as the cover sheet.  Additional recording fees may required. 
  2. A check made payable to “Bonner County Recorder” pursuant to Recording Fees (see link below).  Note: If you are unsure of the correct fees you may submit a “Not to Exceed” check and we will return a receipt indicating the amount of the charge, with your document.
  3. A self-addressed return envelope.  (Note: Adding postage will assist us in returning your document more quickly).
  4. A contact telephone number.

Other recording services available.  Bonner County is able to receive ERecordings submitted through Simplifile or CSC ERecording.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at (208)265-1490. 

Useful Links: